Why do business in Dearborn?
The City of Dearborn is a regional employment and business center, in addition to being home to more than 98,000 residents. Widely known as the home of Ford Motor Company’s world headquarters, Dearborn also is an industrial center for steel processing, and home to a number of regionally and nationally recognized companies, including:
- AK Steel Dearborn Works facility
- AAA Michigan headquarters
- Carhartt international headquarters, known for its premium workwear
- Eppinger Manufacturing, the maker of famous Dardevle fishing lures
- Al Wissam, a maker of designer fashions
- Dearborn Sausage Company
- famous Arab pastry shops
- 4,000 other small to large businesses: hotels, tourist attractions, stores and restaurants.
Dearborn is also a central hub for education in metro Detroit.
Home to the University of Michigan-Dearborn, Henry Ford College, and a number of other institutions, thousands of students travel to Dearborn to obtain college degrees. As of 2013, several hundred students in UM-Dearborn campus housing also now call the city home, with plans to expand student housing options.
In the health care field, Dearborn is known for its wide array of medical practices and facilities. Oakwood Healthcare has operated their Dearborn hospital for more than 60 years, and the Henry Ford Health System operates the Henry Ford Medical Center on Dearborn's Fairlane campus.
Ready to open your business?
The City of Dearborn welcomes businesses of all sizes, and will work with prospective business owners to bring their vision to reality.