The City of
The city is seeking to advance energy efficiency and conservation in all sectors of our community. This includes municipal operations, local regulations and ordinances, private sector investment and incentives, green workforce training and career advancement, business development, and education/marketing.
The city’s strategy is to create a plan that impacts all levels of the municipal organization and all districts in the private sector- residential, institutional, commercial, and industrial.
Take a look at some of our green projects:
- Dearborn, Zagster unveil bike share program
- Dearborn wins environmental leadership award
- Transit Center earns "green building" status
- Dearborn named Tree City for 28th year
- Energy-efficient lights, EV charging stations installed at Henry Ford Centennial Library
- Learn more about our tree-planting program
Contact Dave Norwood
The City of Dearborn is proud to be named by the Michigan Green Communities Challenge as a "gold seal" city for environmental leadership for its conservation, green economic development, and sustainability efforts.