The proposed budget for Fiscal Year 2018 will be formally presented by Mayor John B. O’Reilly, Jr. in April and must be reviewed and approved by the City Council before taking effect. Before adopting the budget, the City Council holds workshops that are open to the public. A formal public hearing will be set, usually in May, followed by a public meeting to adopt the budget, usually a week after the public hearing.
The fiscal year 2018 runs July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018.
The Final Budget Book can be reviewed here when it is completed.
See below for all documents regarding the proposed budget, and a schedule of the workshops and public sessions. The schedule will be updated as meetings are set.
Unless otherwise noted, workshops on the proposed budget are held at 6:30 p.m. in Conference Room 1-A of the Dearborn Administrative Center, 16901 Michigan Ave. Please note: topics, dates, and meeting locations are subject to change.
- January 30 - Topics: General
- February 11, 8 a.m. at Park Place Banquet Hall, 23400 Park Street, Dearborn, MI 48124 - Topics: general.
- March 6, 6:45 p.m. - Topics: Legal and Housing; Operational and Staffing
- March 20 - Topics: Chapter 21 and PEHC Actuarial (investment consultants expected).
- March 28 - Topics: Human Capital; Departmental Operations and Staffing trends
- April 10 - Topics: Property Maintenance and Development Services
- April 12 - Topics: Tax Rates, Library Budget, Budget overview and significant changes.
- April 17 - Topics: Public Safety - Police
- April 18 - Topics: Public Safety - Fire
- April 19 - Topics: Recreation and Culture, Historical Museum
- April 24 - Topics: Public Works - DPW Budgets, utility rates and Water/Sewers, infrastructure (Capital Improvement Plan and Capital Requests)
For additional information on budget workshops, visit:
The proposed city budget public hearing and budget adoption hearing information will be posted here also.