Vacant lots owned by the City of Dearborn are available for purchase for the construction of new homes. Interested buyers must submit bids by May 10.
Most lots are for sale as single family housing sites and zoned residential A.
To see a list of available properties, visit www.cityofdearborn.org
While these lots can represent a good value to potential buyers, there are guidelines to follow:
- If you wish to purchase any of the properties, act by May 10.
- Sealed bids will be received by the City of Dearborn, Purchasing Division, 16901 Michigan Ave., Dearborn, MI 48126, up to and including Wednesday, May 10, 2017, at 3 p.m. (Eastern Time Zone) in the City Council chambers. Sealed bids will be publicly opened and read aloud on the same day in the City Council Chambers.
- The sealed bid must be for at least the minimum bid price or it is rejected.
- The properties are sold to the highest bidders.
- You must submit a $500 deposit for each property that you wish to purchase.
- Buyers are required to comply with the City’s Guidelines for Land Sales, a copy of which is available at the Legal Department, 16901 Michigan Ave., Dearborn, MI 48126.
- The lots must be paid in full by certified check or money order at the time of the closing.
- The City requires the buyer to begin construction of a new single-family house on buildable residential property within 12 months of accepting the offer.
- All bids submitted are subject to approval by the Dearborn City Council.
- Buyers must comply with zoning laws and will not be granted any variances.
For more information, call the Legal Department at (313) 943-2035.