Registration gets underway for outdoor swim lessons; Ford Woods pool not available in 2017
Now that spring is underway, Dearborn’s outdoor pool season is just around the corner, and residents can prepare by purchasing swim tags and registering for outdoor swimming lessons 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the service desk of the Ford Community & Performing Arts Center.
Note that in 2017, Ford Wood Pool is being demolished and rebuilt—creating a more expansive, state-of-the-art complex—and consequently, will not open this summer.
Lapeer, Summer-Stephens and Ten Eyck Pools are scheduled to begin operation June 17.
Six types of swim tags, good for admittance to the four outdoor pools this summer, are available. Infants under age two are free.
- Preschool, $35. Parents must present a copy of the child’s birth certificate and proof of residency.
- Youth (ages 17 and under), $55. Must present school-issued ID card.
- Adult (ages 18-59), $65. Must present proof of residency.
- Senior (ages 60 and over), $55. Must present proof of residency.
- Family (both parents and all children under the age of 18), $135. Proof of residency for parents and birth certificate(s) for children are required.
- Non-Resident, $120.
Pool tags must be sewn on swimsuits or towels prior to admittance.
Swim lessons, conducted Monday through Thursday in two-week sessions, feature instruction at beginner, intermediate and advanced levels and run for 30 minutes. Make-up lessons, if necessary, are held on Fridays.
Sessions offered at Dunworth Pool run June 19-29, July 10-20,
July 24-August 3 and August 7-17.
Sessions offered at the city’s other three outdoor pools run June 19-29,
July 10-20 and July 24-August 3.
Cost: $60 for