Wayne County is hosting a free Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day in Dearborn from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, June 10 at the Henry Ford College parking lot, 5101 Evergreen.
Proof of Wayne County residency is required.
Residents can safely dispose of hazardous items, including:
- household paints, stains, dyes
- floor care items, furniture polish, bathroom cleaners
- lawn and garden chemicals, pesticides, fertilizers
- antifreeze, motor oil, gasoline
- automotive batteries, dry cell batteries, propane tanks
- old computers, printers, scanners, TV’s, cell phones, fax machines
- mercury containing thermometers, thermostats and elemental mercury
- fluorescent light bulbs (standard and compact)
- smoke detectors, fire extinguishers
- pharmaceutical waste (Non –controlled Substances only)
Please note that CRT-type monitors and televisions are no longer accepted.
Other dates in 2017
Additional Wayne County collection events run 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. in 2017 at the following locations:
- Saturday, August 12 at the Westland Shopping Center
- Saturday, October 7 at the WCCCD-Downriver Campus, Taylor
For more information, call Wayne County at (734) 326-3936 or visit http://waynecounty.com/doe/land-resource-management.htm