Dearborn’s City Beautiful Commission honored nine businesses for their efforts to promote city pride through maintaining or enhancing the appearance of their properties.
Attractive businesses add to the appeal of Dearborn and help to bring in more homeowners, visitors and customers. The Dearborn City Beautiful Commission recognizes several businesses each year for their commitment to excellence.
Mayor John B. O’Reilly, Jr. joined City Beautiful commissioners at a ceremony on December 5 to present the Business Standard of Excellence Awards for 2017 to the following:
- Arab American News, 5706 Chase Road
- Cannoli Pastry, 950 Monroe Street
- Dearborn Family Pet Care, 24909 Michigan Avenue
- Famous Hamburger, 22207 Michigan Avenue
- Lolly by Golly Sweet Shoppe LLC, 3728 Monroe Street
- McDonald’s, 14860 Michigan Avenue
- Mint 29, 22000 Michigan Avenue
- Tim Horton’s Café and Bake Shop, 10401 Ford Road
- Henry Ford Medical Center, 5500 Auto Club Drive
Chairing the Business Awards for the City Beautiful Commission were Kimberly Ismail and Todd Schebor.
In addition to businesses, the City Beautiful Commission also honors homeowners for the care they take to maintain their property through its Residential Standard of Excellence program, and acknowledges people who creatively decorate their houses for the Christmas season.
The Commission also sponsors events in public and private schools in Dearborn, including annual Cleanup Parades and other environmental awareness programs.