The city recognizes that some residents do not have driveways and during snow emergencies cannot easily remove their vehicles from the streets, especially in northeast and southeast Dearborn.
So, to help residents in those areas, the City has designated specific streets that residents can use temporarily during a snow emergency.
Residents can park on the streets listed below during a snow emergency. They are marked with signs.
- Eagle, from Amazon to Salina
- Lapeer, from Ferney to Amazon
- Lowrey, from Holly to Saulino Court
- Westlawn, from Vernor to Burley
- Tuxedo, from Ferney to Riverside Drive
- Whittington, from Canterbury to Riverside Drive
- Berkshire, from Industrial to Canterbury
- Morningside, from Industrial to Wyoming
- Riverside Drive, from Industrial to Vernor
- Blesser, from Maple to Oakman
- Henson, from Maple to Oakman
- Henn, from Chase to Williamson
- Haggerty, from Maple to Calhoun
- Paul, from Chase to Horger and between Schaefer and Hartwell
- Hemlock, from Chase to Oakman
- Donald, from Chase to Calhoun and between Reuter and Oakman
- Alber, from Reuter to Oakman
Vehicles must be moved from the streets listed above within 24 hours of parking or they will be ticketed. This is to allow city crews to plow those streets as well. For more information, please call 313-943-2285.