The Dearborn City Council each year approves a budget for the upcoming fiscal year. The budget is presented by Mayor Abdullah H. Hammoud and is voted on before taking effect.
Fiscal Year 2023 runs July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023.
All available budget workshop documents, including the proposed FY2023 are posted here: Budget Workshop Documents
Workshops between Mayor Abdullah Hammoud and his administration and the City Council will take place and focus on a variety of topics concerning the proposed 2023 fiscal year budget.
Workshops regarding the proposed 2023 budget are set for 6:30 p.m. and are scheduled for the following dates:
- Tuesday, March 29: Overview of the State of the City Finances
- Wednesday, April 13: Overview of 2023 Budget
- Wednesday, April 20, 2022: Fire & Economic Development
- Wednesday, April 27, 2022: DPW (including Housing)
- Wednesday, May 4, 2022: Police & Courts
- Thursday, May 12, 2022: Parks & Recreation (at 7 p.m.)
- Tuesday, May 17, 2022: Operations, Legacy Cost Deep Dive, and Final Staffing (including Clerk) (changed to 6 p.m.)
- Wednesday, May 25, 2022: Budget Presentation: Wrap-Up (changed to Conference Room 1D)
- Thursday, June 2, 2022: Budget Public Hearing (at 7 p.m.)
Please note that topics, dates, and times are subject to change. The workshop sessions will be held in the Council Chambers at the Dearborn Administrative Center, 16901 Michigan Ave.