The Dearborn City Council each year approves a budget for the upcoming fiscal year. The budget is presented by Mayor Abdullah H. Hammoud and is voted on before taking effect. Fiscal Year 2024 runs July 1, 2023 through June 30, 2024.
All available budget workshop documents, including the proposed FY2024 will be posted here: Budget Workshop Documents
Workshops between Mayor Abdullah Hammoud and his administration and the City Council will take place and focus on a variety of topics concerning the proposed 2024 fiscal year budget.
Workshops regarding the proposed 2024 budget are set for 6:30 p.m., unless otherwise noted and are scheduled for the following dates:
- Wednesday, April 12, 2023: Overview of the 2024 Budget
- Wednesday, April 19, 2023: Public Works & Facilities (and Utility Rates) & Fire
- Monday, April 24, 2023: Police, Courts, and Legal (7 p.m.)
- Wednesday, April 26, 2023: Economic Development (with Economic Development Authorities), Library, Museum
- Wednesday, May 10, 2023: Parks & Recreation, City Clerk
- Wednesday, May 17, 2023: Operations, Staffing, IT, and Wrap-Up
- Wednesday, May 24, 2023: Budget Presentation
- Thursday, June 8, 2023: Special Session of the City Council-Budget Public Hearing
Please note that topics, dates, and times are subject to change. The workshop sessions will be held in the City Council Chambers at the Dearborn Administrative Center, 16901 Michigan Ave.
View the current, complete adopted Budget Book for Fiscal Year 2023 and FY2023 budget workshop documents.