The public is welcome to attend workshops in March, April and May in which the City Council will be focused on the proposed budget for fiscal year 2020.
The proposed FY20 budget covers July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020.
Traditionally, multiple meetings take place between the administration and the City Council prior to the public hearing and public adoption of the budget.
Budget workshops are set for the Dearborn Administrative Center, 16901 Michigan Ave., in Conference Room 1A at 6:30 p.m. The public should use the west entrance.
As of April 29, the following dates and topics are:
- Wednesday, March 27: capital debt
- Monday, April 8: Proposed budget overview
- Tuesday, April 11: Property Maintenance and Development Services Department (6:45 p.m. start, date rescheduled from April 9)
- Monday, April 22: Police and fire
- Monday, April 29: Department of Public Works
- Wednesday, May 1: Museum and City Clerk
- Monday, May 6: Recreation, 19th District Court and Legal Department
- Thursday, May 9: Downtown Development Authorities
- Tuesday, May 14: Wrap Up
Please note that topics, dates, times, and meeting locations are subject to change.
The schedule of sessions will be updated at www.cityofdearborn.org in the Transparency section. Documents related to the proposed FY2020 budget will be continually posted on the website as they become available.
The budget must be approved by the City Council before the new fiscal year begins.