In order to minimize exposure to COVID-19, the City of Dearborn has decided to close all playground equipment at city parks, effective Monday, March 23. Playground equipment has not been sanitized.
As of Monday, April 6, all city park basketball courts are closed until further notice and group activities at parks are still prohibited.
Although parks will remain open, the City would like residents to exercise precautions and practice social distancing while outdoors. Please follow the below guidelines, provided by the National Recreation and Parks Association:
• Do not use parks or trails if you are exhibiting symptoms.
• Observe CDC’s minimum recommended social distancing of 6 feet from other persons at all times.
• Follow CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene to visiting parks or trails.
• Be prepared for limited access to public restrooms or water fountains.
• Share the trail and warn other trail users of your presence and as you pass.
We understand residents’ need to maintain their physical and mental health and encourage them to do so safely, following the above guidelines.
* * * * *