Executive Officer: Captain Vincent Belloli, 313-943-2055
The Patrol Division is the largest and most visible division of the police department. The division consists of 116 sworn police officers, 22 supervisors. The Patrol Division represents nearly 60% of the overall sworn police force.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• To protect all residents and visitors to the City of Dearborn from crime.
• To present a positive and professional image of the City and the police department to all persons.
• To promote trust, cooperation, partnership, and respect with the community.
• To prevent and enforce violations of laws and ordinances.
• To arrest criminal offenders.
• To suppress civil disturbances.
• To conduct preliminary investigations at accidents and crime scenes.
• To give aid and information to all persons as required.
The patrol force consists of two platoons (Days and Nights) working overlapping 12- hour shifts. Both platoons are staffed uniformed officers that perform preventative patrols, law and traffic enforcement operations, general citizen assistance, as well as immediate emergency response, 24 hours a day. These officers conduct proactive visible patrol operations on the streets and in the business centers throughout the City.
Learn more by exploring the menu links.