The City of Dearborn includes many boards and commissions, on which Dearborn residents serve voluntarily.
Commissions and boards play an important role in City policy and development, including planning, zoning, development, human resources, and other facets of city service.
To learn more about various boards and commissions, plus open positions, contact the Mayor's Office.
16901 Michigan Ave., Suite 20
Dearborn, MI, 48126
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Board/Commission Appointment Process (appointments may occur at any time there is vacancy to be filled, reappointments typically occur in June of each year):
- Application: submit application to Mayor's office
- Review: applications are reviewed by the departmental staff administering the Board/Commission being applied for, applicant may be contacted by staff to discuss their application
- Recommendation: departmental staff administering the Board/Commission make a recommendation regarding the application to the Mayor, if recommending approval of the appointment they prepare a memo laying out the reasons for the recommendation
- Appointment: the Mayor makes final determination on what appointments he will proceed with and refers them to City Council for confirmation
- Confirmation: City Council reviews and confirms appointments at a regularly scheduled meeting of the Council (applicant may, but is not required to attend the City Council meeting where this occurs)
- Notification & Oath of Office: City Clerk sends an appointment letter to all confirmed appointees with instructions regarding coming into the Clerk's office and taking the oath of office (the oath must be taken within 10 days of the action by City Council to approve the appointment)
Click here to browse all City Boards and Commissions